112.86$ – 214.44$In Stock
Generic Sinemet (carbidopa and levodopa) is a treatment for symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease. Generic Sinemet is one of Merck Sharp & Dohme’s best-selling drugs mainly prescribed to treat Parkinson’s symptoms & countless off-label uses. Generic Sinemet is a cost-saving medication prescribed by medical physicians worldwide!
Generic Sinemet is also marketed as Parcopa, Atamet, Apo-Levocarb, Carbidopa and levodopa.
*Sinemet® is manufactured by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corporation.
Generic Sinemet is used to treat Parkinson symptoms such as muscle stiffness, tremors, spasms, and poor muscle control. This medication is also used to treat Parkinson symptoms caused by carbon monoxide poisoning or manganese intoxication.
The active ingredient in Generic Sinemet, Levodopa is converted to dopamine via the action of a naturally occurring enzyme called DOPA decarboxylase. This occurs both in the peripheral circulation and in the central nervous system after levodopa has crossed the blood brain barrier. Activation of central dopamine receptors improves the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
HOW TO TAKE
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Generic Sinemet can be taken with or without food. Take your doses at regular intervals to keep a steady amount of the drug in your body at all times.
Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow the pill whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
The regular tablet can be broken or crushed if needed to make it easier to swallow.
To take the orally disintegrating tablet:
- Keep the tablet in its blister pack until you are ready to take the medicine. Open the package and peel back the foil from the tablet blister. Do not push a tablet through the foil or you may damage the tablet.
- Using dry hands, remove the tablet and place it in your mouth. It will begin to dissolve right away.
- Do not swallow the tablet whole. Allow it to dissolve in your mouth without chewing. Swallow several times as the tablet dissolves.
You may notice that your sweat, urine, or saliva appears dark in color, such as red, brown, or black. This is not a harmful side effect, but it may cause staining of your clothes or bed sheets.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
- worsening of tremors (uncontrolled shaking);
- high fever, stiff muscles, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, rapid breathing, feeling like you might pass out;
- seizure (convulsions);
- painful or difficult urination;
- severe nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea;
- uneven heart rate or fluttering in your chest;
- confusion, hallucinations, anxiety, agitation, depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild nausea, dry mouth, loss of appetite, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation;
- headache, dizziness, drowsiness, blurred vision;
- sneezing, stuffy nose, cough, or other cold symptoms;
- sleep problems (insomnia), strange dreams;
- muscle pain, numbness or tingly feeling; or
- skin rash or itching.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Do not take Generic Sinemet if:
- you have an allergy to Generic Sinemet
- you have any unusual skin lumps or moles which have not been examined by your doctor,
- or if you have ever had skin cancer or melanoma
- you have a type of glaucoma called narrow-angle glaucoma
Avoid taking iron supplements or eating a diet that is high in protein (protein sources include meat, eggs, and cheese). These things can make it harder for your body to digest and absorb carbidopa and levodopa. Talk with your doctor or nutrition counselor about the best foods to eat while you are taking this medication.
If you are unsure of how this medicine will affect you, be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- other Parkinson’s medications;
- Generic Maxolon (Reglan);
- isoniazid (Nydrazid);
- phenytoin (Dilantin);
- papaverine (Pavabid, Papacon, Pavagen, Pavacot);
- blood pressure medication;
- an antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil, Vanatrip), doxepin (Sinequan), Generic Nortriptyline (Pamelor), and others; or
- medicines to treat psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), haloperidol (Haldol), prochlorperazine (Compazine), risperidone (Risperdal), and others;
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Sinemet.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
Jake F., 45, Illinos Standard ED Pack (Generic)
“My ED was giving me nightmares! Yes, I could use Viagra but it was too expensive to buy all the time. That’s why I ordered a generic version at Canadian Pharmacy and could not be happier with the results.”
Janine L., 35, Winnipeg Albuterol
“What I like most about this pharmacy is that they deliver very fast and always package it securely so no one knows what I ordered. It is a big deal for someone who has very nosy neighbours.”
Sandra S., 41, Edinburgh Zyban (Generic)
“It is nice and affordable to buy meds here. I only needed some pills to stop smoking, but I can see they have lots of offers in other categories too. I think I found a perfect pharmacy for my needs.”
Dave M., 28, Oslo Zithromax (Generic)
“I have bought a lot of medications at this pharmacy and I can tell they only sell quality stuff. Trusted and safe generics and the prices are rather low. A perfect price-quality combination!”